Prevent flood damage and avoid costly repairs with the easy-to-install, newly designed Lead free Water Heater Auto-Shutoff Valve. This system not only detects leaks early, but it automatically shuts your water off in the event of a leak, alerting you with the control panel’s alarm. Designed for both residential and commercial dwellings. The FloodStop (FS 3/4-NPT) kit automatically shuts off the water supply to the Water Heater and sounds an alarm, leaving all other household fixtures and appliances operational. This kit includes everything you need to protect your property from costly water-leak damage: Motorized Full-Port Ball Valve (3/4 inch NPT pipe threaded), a water sensor to be placed on the floor, and the control unit, which is mounted to your wall with the included screws. A power supply is included; you need to also install four AA batteries (not included) for backup power, unit will beep to alert you of low or no batteries. The controller has “one” output contact (normally open) that can be attached to a dialer or security system so you can be alerted to a leak when not home! You can even add multiple water sensors for different areas around your water heater. If your water heater should begin to leak, the controller tells the water valve to close and alerts you with an 87db alarm.
- Easily installed in fifteen minutes
- Water/leak sensor is placed at the base of the Water Heater and the Valve stays open until water loss is detected
- Water on sensor immediately closes FloodStop valves and sounds alarm
- Certified lead free under S. 3874, AB1953 with One Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- The FloodStop valve is installed between the Water Heater and its manual shutoff valve